AUDITION FOR DRAKE DANCE TEAM
Sunday, April 16th from 12-4pm
located in the Drake University Knapp Center.
Audition Prep Information Below
April 16th from 12-4pm
Auditions will be held in the Shivers Men's Practice Gym located in the Drake University Knapp Center.
Learn D-song, and Fight song (attached below) prior to coming to auditions
Video Submission Requirements
- Introduction: tell us about yourself! (where you are from, dance history, what excites you about potentially being on our team, anything goes!)
- Video of you doing the "D Song, Fight Song" (under the auditions tab)
- At least 4-8 counts of a pom routine
- At least 4-8 counts of a jazz routine
Performance of the following skills:
- Right double & triple pirouettes
- Turns in second (at least an 8 count)
- Right and left straight leg leaps
- Center leap/Side jeté
- Toe touch
- Firebird jump
- Calypso leap
- Any additional skills (ariel, kip up, cool turn combo, etc.)
We will review videos on the day of in-person auditions, so be patient with us reaching out to you!
We will accept video submissions until April 15th 11:59PM!
D-SONG LYRIC VIDEO
This is an older video- words are slightly different now!
You may use this for your video audition or to practice for in-person!